Language:

en_US

switch to room list switch to menu My folders
Conformance Should Mean Something - fputc, and Freestanding
There is a slow-bubbling agony in my soul about this. Not because it’s actually critically important or necessary, but because it once again completely defies the logic of having a C Standard, a C Standard Library, or engaging in the concept of trying to “conform” to such. So, as per usual, I must write about it to get it out of my head:

Posted by rss <> on Mon Apr 18 2022 00:00:00 UTC
0 comments 0 new | permalink
finally. #embed
It happened. Nearly 5 years of paper writing, being snuck Committee Meeting notes on the DL until I could access them myself and absolve my co-conspirators of their sins, 5 different implementations/patches later, I can

Posted by rss <> on Fri Jul 22 2022 00:00:00 UTC
C23 is Finished: Here is What is on the Menu
It’s That Blog Post. The release one, where we round up all the last of the features approved since the last time I blogged. If you’re

Posted by rss <> on Sun Jul 31 2022 00:00:00 UTC
The Wonderfully Terrible World of C and C++ Encoding APIs (with Some Rust)
Last time we talked about encodings, we went in with a C++-like design where we proved that

Posted by rss <> on Wed Oct 12 2022 00:00:00 UTC
Undefined behavior, and the Sledgehammer Principle
Previously, an article made the rounds concerning Undefined behavior that made the usual Rust crowd go nuts and the usual C and C++ people get grumpy that someone Did Not Understand the Finer Points and Nuance of Their Brilliant Language. So, as usual, it’s time for me to do what I do best

Posted by rss <> on Thu Feb 02 2023 00:00:00 UTC